From a consumer perspective, OTT offers a wide and diverse range of content that is more accessible than ever before. For years, content was everywhere on the web, but you had to watch it on your phone, tablet or laptop. Now, with improved smart devices, you can watch a variety of content on your TV with unprecedented ease, which is reshaping viewer behavior in transformative ways.
Top 5 advantages of having your own OTT platform
- Control – One of the biggest advantages of OTT is the control brands can have over every aspect of their content distribution. From content type and quality to user experience, audience, monetization and data, companies can streamline every aspect to suit their needs.
- Enhanced engagement with consumers – Through the OTT platform, companies can reach their audience directly. This develops an open communication channel through which user feedback, reviews and ratings can be collected immediately. It also gives OTT companies access to an unprecedented amount of user data, enabling them to provide more personalized services and advertising
- Scalability – Cloud-based OTT solutions can scale rapidly across multiple regions. This increases audience reach and revenue opportunities.
- Monetization – OTT platforms give companies the freedom to choose their own monetization model. Whether ad-based or subscription-based; companies can adjust their revenue strategy to maximize profits.
- Reduce Cost and Delivery Time – Launching an OTT platform with a white label solution is fast, reliable and affordable. In fact, today it takes less than a day to create and launch an OTT platform.
What are the advantages of creating an OTT platform?
- Reducing costs is one of the advantages of an OTT platform
You can access thousands of programs with a monthly subscription. The freedom to access international network series, shows, live sports and favorite movies anytime, anywhere is one of the biggest advantages of a streaming platform. In addition, cable operators don’t have to pay monthly bills or face interruptions. Anyone willing to watch online digital content can sign up and pay for a monthly or annual subscription on their own, making it cost effective.
- Crisp sound and picture quality
Every OTT platform maintains HD content quality. Since the service is offered online, the higher your speed, the better the auditory and visual content will be. The video and audio quality of movies is usually high, which is a big advantage of using OTT platforms like Xmediatv and Netflix. On the plus side, you can customize the video and audio quality to your liking.
- Instant Play
Instant viewing is another advantage of OTT platforms because you can request to watch any movie or show at any time, regardless of its release date. You can watch your favorite web series as often as you like. No need to wait in long lines at the theater or see those annoying commercials while watching a movie on TV. You can watch movies instantly and without restrictions, even when you are on the go. Some platforms charge a fixed monthly fee and in return, you get full access to their shows.
- Multi-platform services
OTT platforms provide you with enough freedom to watch your favorite content whenever and wherever you want. If you don’t have time to log on to your laptop or desktop, you can watch to your heart’s content on your smartphone.
These media services can be easily accessed through cell phones, laptops, smart TVs and other audiovisual devices with an Internet connection. The service is synonymous with video-on-demand (SVoD) services, providing access to international-level digital content.
Broadcast and cable still have a place in the media audience, but the amount of OTT programming is on the rise – and it’s not going to stop anytime soon. As viewers continue to “cut the cord” on cable and transition to digital streaming, advertising must follow suit.
If you are interested in the OTT platform, please contact us to try Xmediatv’s services.